Weekly Recap: 3/24-3/28

/ Saturday, March 29, 2014 /
My goal is to make this blog an honest illustration of what my life looks like. I think a lot of the time when we look at a famous blogger or social media guru's life, we only see the magazine spread version of their life (glossy pictures, short descriptions of the fabulous parts), but we don't often get to see the biography version with all the triumphs and mistakes. My point is that this blog is going to be an autobiographical representation of what my twenty-something years look like, not just interesting Instagram pictures and fun Twitter updates. So without further ado, here's what my week looked like:

I usually try to schedule the least amount of activities on Mondays so I can get back into the swing of things for the week. I'm one of those people who really likes routine so I have to spend Monday adjusting to what a weekday feels like—waking up early is the hardest part. This past Monday I put aside time to run a few errands so I'd have everything I needed for the rest of the week. Boring stuff, but it needed to be done. Other than those few errands, I mainly did homework.

Party at the president's! I've been fortunate enough to be part of my college's networking tour throughout the area and in honor of all the events we've been going to as representatives of the college, my road crew family and I got invited to dine at the college president's home. It was an absolute blast, mainly because all of the people involved are amazing, inspiring individuals. We wrapped the night up taking selfies with the pres! While this definitely was an awesome experience, I was feeling very awkward the entire night. Sometimes I have trouble feeling comfortable in situations and don't feel as if I'm acting normal, if that makes sense. Luckily, I've developed ways to cope with the anxiety of not fitting in and evidently no one was aware that I felt off. I think my feelings of unease might have come from the fact that my mom had a medical procedure that morning and I hadn't been home to check on her! 

Group shot at the president's house
As you will probably notice as a running theme in these posts, I know the best people at my college. After a long day of classes and trying to figure out how to do my marketing homework (humanities major with a minor in marketing can be a difficult combo especially when doing research), I went to a photography class run by my faux adoptive father (the school's photographer who "adopts" students) and had seemingly thousands of photos taken of me. I truly don't like having my picture taken because I'm insecure about the way I look a lot of the time. I'm always hyper aware of any double chins or squinty eyes in my pictures. However, the photography students were really nice and were telling me what a nice smile I had and how photogenic I am. Of course, this didn't completely erase all the self doubt, but I was able to relax and just enjoy myself. 

By Thursday, I was pretty out of sorts. I usually don't have as many activities keeping me on campus late, but this week was a list of never-ending events. Thursday was the first meeting of the senior class executive board that I was fortunate enough be elected to. All the members got to know each other over pizza and some great ideas were tossed around the table. It made me really look forward to next year and all the fun I'm going to have being a senior! Even though prior to the meeting I had coffee with one my friends, I was really dragging when I got home and just wanted to pass out even though I had a ton of work still to do. In all honesty, I'll admit that the work I turned in Friday probably wasn't my best! Oops...

This week taught me a lesson. I cannot overbook myself and still function for a full five day week. By Friday mid-morning, I finished an exam and peer reviewed editing drafts, but still had my work shift left. As I sat down at my computer, my brain wanted to stop functioning and I could barely remember to do basic things, like button my coat. Luckily, my shift wasn't too long and I went home to take a nap. When I woke up a couple hours later, I had a nasty headache that I couldn't seem to get rid of. Finally after a round of pain relievers, I felt better and had a chance to read for the rest of the evening (book review to come in the near future). It felt like such a treat and was a great break after such a long week. 

Unfortunately, next week looks like it's going to be pretty busy too so we'll see how I cope with it!


Post a Comment

Copyright © 2010 Little Black Dress Lifestyle, All rights reserved
Design by DZignine. Powered by Blogger